Read, share and tart working on that gut health. Why do women tend to struggle with this more than men? On average, women have 6 to 11 percent more body fat than men. Studies show oestrogen reduces a woman's ability to burn energy after eating, resulting in more fat being stored around the body. The likely reason is to prime women for childbearing, studies suggests. Read the infographics below for more information regarding what it means to have a healthy stool appearance and how you can optimize your gut biome.
• Regular bowel motions - Contrary to popular belief, regularity doesn't mean that you need to pass a bowel motion every day. Bowel movements should occur between three times a day and three times a week. It varies from one person to the next, but stools should never be hard or difficult to pass, or should happen no less than three times per week. It's important to work out what's normal for you.
• Stool appearance - What you regularly see in the toilet can say something about your digestive health. A healthy stool will generally look similar to a sausage, it will be smooth or may have a few cracks on the surface, and it will be soft but firm. It should be a medium brown color and be be easy to flush and not stick to the side of the toilet bowl. It should not contain pieces of undigested food and the odor should not be particularly bad.
• Normal amounts of gas - Everyone has gas. In fact, most people will burp or pass gas 14-23 times a day. Gas is produced by the normal break down of certain undigested food by harmless bacteria in the large intestine. It may also be caused by swallowing small amounts of air when eating or drinking. Foods that commonly cause gas because certain components may not be properly digested by the body include wheat, broccoli, brussel sprouts, cabbage, beans, peas and most fruits.
• Lack of digestive symptoms - Symptoms such as abdominal discomfort, regular bloating, nausea, diarrhea or constipation may indicate digestive problems. If symptoms persist you should consult your healthcare professional for advice.
• Good overall health - When we're properly digesting our food and absorbing nutrients, the benefits may show with clear skin, strong hair and nails and good energy levels.
Leaky Gut Syndrome
The leaking of the gut wall through the gut lining can be triggered by a number of factors including food allergies, alcoholism, radiation, chemotherapy, infections and severe trauma. This compromises the barrier function of the digestive tract so that toxins and bacteria can seep into the bloodstream and be passed along to the liver. While common symptoms include vitamin deficiencies, gas, cramping, fatigue and poor concentration, development of an autoimmune disease, including allergies, may also be a sign of leaky gut syndrome.
Ingredients Below that will help with your digestive System
GINGER ROOT: Treats digestive disorders and inflammatory conditions. The antiseptic and antioxidant ingredients in ginger help fight against the bacteria and free radicals, improve blood circulation.
LEMON POWDER/LEMON PEEL/LEMON JUICE: Lemon juice is rich in Vitamin C and various antimicrobial properties making it an excellent immune booster and natural skin treatment. The vitamin C in lemons is known for being a free radical neutralizer and enhancing collagen production. Helps to reduce bloating and aiding in digestive processes.
SENNA LEAF/SENNA POWDER/SENNA CAPSULES: Approved by the FDA, senna is one of the very few natural leaves that is recommended over the counter to relieve constipation and to help with hemorrhoids caused by chronic constipation. Since we use a wrap, your body will be absorbing it into the bloodstream therefore you get the gentle effects of aiding in digestions but not the harsh effects of a laxative.
We use the ingredients above plus a few others in our topical magnesium herbal therapy wrap. Magnesium in particular is an excellent natural mineral to improve digestive health. We use our ingredients in our brew bags that many people use for the wrap but also use in the tub as bath pods.
You can see them both here.
If you're reading this and ready to start feeling better, use code VIPOFFER at checkout to save 20% off your purchase.
As always - thanks for being here with us ladies, we hope this helped. ENJOY!